- Centering the rotor is key in optimal brake performance and proper function, as well as maximizing longevity life of brake calipers.
- 3mm Allen
- Before adjusting the brake you want to make sure the brake caliper is centered to the rotor so the pressure is evenly applied from the caliper.
- This also will help prevent rotors from bending in the future.
- By loosening the 4mm Allen bolts holding the caliper to the bracket (does not need to be removed) you will notice play in the caliper.
- This play is available through the enlarged mounting holes on the caliper.
- When you are sure the caliper is as centered as possible, take turns slowly tightening down both bolts half a turn at a time so the calipers position is not disrupted.