- Steering and brakes are two of the biggest safety concerns on the M365 vehicle. The spin handle replacement can be caused by different issues that arise, so proper diagnosis is important prior to beginning repair.
- Amounts of parts that are removed in the process of the repair are extensive so it is best to take pictures along the process, the organization is key as well.
- 360 Tab
- Bearing Kit
- 3mm Allen
- 5mm Allen
- Loosen the 4 bolts on the collar and pull the stem out carefully to not damage the cables.
- Loosen the center bolt (same as steering tension bolt) and remove set screw while supporting the front wheel. (Set screw is the only thing holding the wheel at that point.)
- Grab the bearing assembly prior to pulling out the fork assembly.
- Bearing assembly order:
- Split collar
- Butterfly tab
- Plastic collar
- Remove front wheel and fork assembly carefully to not stress wires.
- Punch out the collar with the broken tab using your hammer.
- Align the new collar and install with your hammer.
- Make sure the new collar is flush with no gaps.
- Reinstall the wheel and fork assembly with bearing assembly properly installed.
- Hold the wheel up while tightening set screw to alleviate pressure on the screw.
- Then, line up collar over the set screw.
- Tighten 5mm steering adjustment bolt, check for proper tension.
- Make sure there are no excessive gaps in pivot points.
- Reinstall the stem and tighten 4 collar bolts to 10 ft lbs.
- Inspect your work and make sure all fasteners are tightened.